Peter James Insurance and European Breakdown Cover

Hi All, I'm planning a trip to France in my Spitfire, in a few weeks time. I recently phoned Peter James insurance to find out my cover when in France. The lady I spoke to was not very helpful could not tell me any details, asked me to call DAS which I did , they too put me through different departments and in the end I got cut off !! Please can anyone who has used Peter James let me know their experiences when traveling to France and has needed assistance.

Many Thanks

Carol 

Why not just read your insurance documentation, it will be on there if you have it.

Think it's always just been included without me having to ask for it with my PJ policy - which I'll again be hoping not to use for Le Mans the weekend after next.

3 hours ago, Mjit said:

it's always just been included without me having to ask for it with my PJ policy

Same here these past 20 years.  My PJ 'Statement of Insurance' clearly shows "UK and European Breakdown Recovery ...which are not sold separately".  The Product Information Document has details of what and where you are covered. 

One thing to watch for with all European Breakdown policies is the limit of what they will pay to recover your car. If it will cost more, they declare it a total loss. You don’t get any insurance payout. This includes storage, hire cars, ferries etc.

They will usually offer to cover cost of you recovering it yourself up to the limit. You can just about get home, and return to south of France with a tow car and trailer and get car home.

Whilst unlikely that I will ever get back "en continent" in the foreseable future. My RAC European cover for an American R-V. some years back covered recovery from any E-U country?. They actually offered to recover the vehicle from Northern Spain to the UK, Not bad when you realise the thing weighed in at 9.4tonne and was almost 33ft long.

Pete