Stanpart Spares

Hi guys

Excluding companies the likes of Rimmer Brothers and Canley Classics - does anyone know of any off the radar companies, auto jumbles or hoarders of 1950’s “Stanpart” original Spares?

I know people can be very secretive about their stashes, sources of spare parts and who to talk to about parts availability - because someone else might just take the bit they need - I have no intention of standing on any Triumph owners toes because I am not after any Triumph bits - just one or two biggish bits for my Standard 8.

So if anyone knows of new old stock Standard “Stanpart” spares anywhere in the UK could you please let me know - as long as you and they are happy about it.

Many thanks.

Eric

On 02/07/2024 at 11:05, Eric Smith said:

Hi guys

Excluding companies the likes of Rimmer Brothers and Canley Classics - does anyone know of any off the radar companies, auto jumbles or hoarders of 1950’s “Stanpart” original Spares?

I know people can be very secretive about their stashes, sources of spare parts and who to talk to about parts availability - because someone else might just take the bit they need - I have no intention of standing on any Triumph owners toes because I am not after any Triumph bits - just one or two biggish bits for my Standard 8.

So if anyone knows of new old stock Standard “Stanpart” spares anywhere in the UK could you please let me know - as long as you and they are happy about it.

Many thanks.

Eric

I Suspect there cannot be that many N.O.S. Parts left these days.

On recent trips to the Triumph Spares days over the past few years N.O.S. Parts seem to be getting less and less.

TD Fitchetts are listing loads of parts on E-Bay, so if you can find the part numbers of what you need you never know, I once got shown around the warehouse and they have 100 of panels stashed upstairs.

No doubt some private owners do stash them away too for future projects, and I do know someone personally who's got numerous N.O.S. Stanpart panels stashed away for a future rebuild of a Vitesse.

All I can suggest is keep looking on E-Bay and visit upcoming Autojumbles too, Beaulieu in September is one of the biggest in Europe and worth a visit, although you need a full weekend to see everything properly.  

Regards

Gary

Beware also that its not beyond the realms of possibility of reusing old Stanpart packaging or even it being made new to hold pattern parts. The value of some original new parts can be so much higher that its becoming worth doing this☹️

Hi guys

Thanks for all of your input - the troubles with any hobby like ours is getting spares and information - this forum is brilliant because there are so many great helpful people, who are prepared to give excellent advice and information and thought without being precious or smug - sadly finding spares can be a different issue.

There was a guy out here in the Fens who had all sorts of stuff in an old warehouse at the back of an old garage workshop - sadly he was a very ill man and the building was mess but he knew where everything was and he had a price for everything, the amount of spares he had was incredible everything from bearings to bolts via gasket sets even a few brand new (in 1980) exhausts - it was out of this world. I had a lot of stuff off him, but sadly he has gone.

The stuff most of us need or crave is getting very thin on the ground but you only have to watch Shed and Buried to see hoarding - the thing is there are people out there who have things in sheds and I want to find a few of them - I guess you could say I am prospecting for contacts?

Thanks again guys, your thoughts and advice is much appreciated.

Eric

Eric, don't forget the Standard Motor Club - you are a member aren't you? They have loads more spares than you see in the online shop. I've had suspension rubbers, washer jets, a petrol filler tube - all NOS and unobtainable elsewhere - for my Atlas. Send the 8/10 spares officer an email and see if he's got what you want.

Cheers, Richard