Horn push wanted

Good Evening

i have bought a standard 4 bar chrome steering wheel for my mk2 Vitesse.

I need a centre horn push and pencil to complete, 

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Horn Push purchased. 👍🏻

Edited by Straightsix

If you have the lower three-pronged clip to earth the push, the other bits - horn push and pencil - are all available new from James Paddock. (So is the three pronged clip!)

Be careful of second-hand, they crack or fade easily and will spoil your enjoyment of a good steering wheel if you have to look at a crazed shield every time you drive.

• Thanks 1

Thank you Colin for pointing that out, I don’t have the wheel in my possession yet, I wasn’t aware I may need the 3 prong clip as well, so good call.

Can i introduce new and risk the clash with the patina ? 😂

5 hours ago, Straightsix said:

Can i introduce new and risk the clash with the patina ? 😂

Well, I did! Then I sprayed part of the windscreen surround and ended up with a speckled finish - no idea how given the amount of masking up that was done - so it aged instantly to look like the rest of the car.

• Haha 1

On 07/07/2024 at 20:34, Colin Lindsay said:

Be careful of second-hand, they crack or fade easily and will spoil your enjoyment of a good steering wheel if you have to look at a crazed shield every time you drive.

Ive just dismantled and repainted my horn push which has been quite successful. You paint on the inside engraved surface of the perspex and could probably even repolish the front of it if scratched...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, johny said:

It means it doesnt look better than the rest of the car like a new one would😂

That's why I have my Triumph, we are in the same state : a bit shabby, some bits don't work too well, body work a bit rough, can't be certain to start in the morning . . . .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chris A said:

That's why I have my Triumph, we are in the same state : a bit shabby, some bits don't work too well, body work a bit rough, can't be certain to start in the morning . . . .

Oh no, mines shabby on the outside but a smooth clock like machine underneath - just like me🤔