The Smallest Cog

Straightsix

Just finished watching an episode of The Smallest Cog featuring Richard Hammond racing their MGB GT in an Oulton Park race meet, and there happens to be a Vitesse taking part. From memory I think it was S3 episode 4. 

Edit: S4 episode 5

Library pic of car 🤞

image.png.b4cc019cc52a15aa04a95b3ea3cbc7de.png

Edited by Straightsix

That's me!    Yes, had a splendid dice with the Hammond, who was kind enough when I went to say so afterwards, that my 'Herald' was very fast!

There is a video of the chase from my car, SofS, over on Sideways:  https://sideways-technologies.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/10095-first-race-of-2024-cscc-donington-march-23rd/page/3/#comment-145202

Enjoy!

John

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if this is the "Smallest Cog" episode, but is from the April meet at Oulton an d features SofS!   See at 48 minutes in:  

Where did you see the programme, StraightSix, 'cos this clearly isn't it!

Ah.    Four channels plus Freeview is quite enough television!   I don't have Discovery.

But for when there isn't anything on broadcast, I found today in my local Oxfam bookshop a mint, still in it's wrapper, box set of the first three seasons of Game of Thrones.    Which completes the whole series for me!   

Shakespeare it ain't, but it's fun!

14 hours ago, JohnD said:

Ah.    Four channels plus Freeview is quite enough television!   I don't have Discovery.

But for when there isn't anything on broadcast, I found today in my local Oxfam bookshop a mint, still in it's wrapper, box set of the first three seasons of Game of Thrones.    Which completes the whole series for me!   

Shakespeare it ain't, but it's fun!

Did you start at Season 4 and work from there? A tad confusing, possibly... :) good escapism though, if you avoid those who have read the books and claim this is wring or that is left out. Filmed not many miles from me, I recognise a lot of the scenery and back when they were filming in the studios I used to walk down to the gate and watch. 

The remains of the gate to Kings Landing from the last episodes were still here until recently:

GOTCastle.thumb.jpg.d2ba85db8badbce689ea474989ad8ace.jpg