Internal Chassis/cavity Rust Protection - Latest?

Martin V

I’m thinking to remove some of the chassis rail grommets and spray a rust inhibitor/protector through the rails / cavities (doors, tailgate) and under bodywork edges. Now I have a compressor it makes sense to do what seems a sensible task.

Just need to buy a sprayer which seems to be easy enough with plenty inexpensive options - recommendations are welcome.

BIG QUESTION though is what to spray into the cavities? 
I read a few previous older threads and saw Dinitrol ML (or other 1000?) or Dynax S50 were rated over the common Waxoyl (various brands it seems).

What would the experienced amongst us recommend?

I've used both Dynax S50 & Dinitrol 3125, they both cover well and creep into all the seams.

It's best to shake well and warm the fluid in hot water before application, the S50 Is available in aerosol with a long wand and works very well

Be aware it's a very messy job and the fluid will run out of all the drain holes. 

Suitable Disposable paper overalls, eye protection and latex gloves are advisable too.

Gary 

Edited by GFL

I have used both with success when I restored my GT6 over 20 years ago.  The S50 with it's wand I found more convenient, and also easier for a quick top up if desired.  As Gary said it does run out of all the holes you know about, and some you don't, so make sure you put paper/cardboard under the car to preserve the floor!

Dick

• Like 1