Vitesse 1600/6 Late 1966,- AC Delco Glass Fuel Pump

martyn wright

Hi!  I think I have a problem with my fuel Pump?  I have a code of 216559?  Did the Mk1/Mk2 Vitesses, Triumph 2000 and GT6 have the same code? As there is one which looks like a 216559? on Ebay or has the person got the codes wrong?

I think there might have been 3 pump models used:

Glass bowl early with flat arm (Rimmers offer 206623 for this but its no longer glass bowl and suitable for Vitesse engines up to HC4500E),

Glass bowl later with curved arm (216599 no longer available) and then its substitute a non glass bowl with curved arm (213577)...

all repair kits for glass  tops are the same  get a  kit  from  Pride of Classics    Anglican classic car parts  look at Rover P6  ebay  285442867396

does various land rovers triumph 2000>  vauxhall vive /victor  silver ghost  about £20 for a full kit 

send fuel pump to us and we will rebuild it for you around £50 + postage 

Pete

Edited by Pete Lewis

I think the manual pump might have gone?  The car was running fine 2 weeks ago after maiden journey!  It was running at 8/9 t revs then parking it up 12 t revs on tick over? Then on checking a smell under the bonnet, found the Vacuum pipe had melted on the manifold!  Fitted a new vacuum kit and now it turns over but will not start? So it's either the pump or vacuum?  I think?

As Pete says overhauling a pump isnt difficult, nice n comfy as done on the bench, keeps the original look and more importantly correct performance plus is really satisfying cos you havent just binned an original component...

I have a rather strange pump; bought off eBay many years ago as a NOS AC Delco potentially to be used to refurbish one for my GT6 it's certainly new but it's not Delco and definitely NOT GT6 with that arm. It's a BDC Torino.

Two pipes fitted and one blanked-off take-off; it may be Ford V6 as in Capri / Granada / Corsair but I can't identify the actual application.  

IMG_9877.jpeg.fb37fe042d827a282d7ea6ba77b97f66.jpeg

15 minutes ago, martyn wright said:

I just thought!  We just refurbished the pump 2 months ago? With a kit fm Canleys? I have actually done the first original pump and Bern the secondhand one?

Still test it Martyn as, and Im not being cheeky, it wouldnt be the first time an overhaul has gone wrong😁 If a valve has popped out of place it wont pump anything.... 

14 hours ago, martyn wright said:

Classic Ford

Pt no 1524151 EN32b

Very Rare ebay £149.99

If you were closer I'd buy you a few pints for that one!! I've had it for years, intended really to use the parts to refurbish the GT6 Delco and then one day realised it wasn't Delco at all. It was really only two days ago that I studied it properly and identified it as a BCD. Off to eBay it will go to fund a few Herald body panels. Thanks again.

Had to edit this as I studied the photos closely this time.... lever looks different!! I've found another one with the same lever, he's only wanting £20 as like me he has no idea what it's from. Must research more before I can definitely say what it's for.

pump.jpg.345489c5df4b0e89d91f6ae216b4874d.jpg s-l1600-7.jpg.deb263f32605828572d78d3d9bd06a64.jpg

Edited by Colin Lindsay