CDSE 150 Carbs fitted to Vitesse Mk2

Paul H

Hi finally getting round to set up my refurbished CDSE150's on my Vitesse MK2 

The settings I was given was Float height 18mm

Fixed Jet height  100 thou 

Ive set the float height - no issues .

The front carb fixed jet  height is 100 thou so set correctly 

The rear  carb fixed jet height is currently 112 thou. On examination the end is slightly flattened on one side and its bent, albeit minor , see pics . I was going to push the fixed jet in further using a vice to achieve 100 thou but with the slight bend pretty sure all i will do is make matters worse.

This is the first time Ive done this and asking if my conclusion that the carb should go back for a new fixed jet and set to 100 thou ?

I am assuming that the 12 thou difference between the front & rear carbs is significant and not practical to continue setting up .

Any input welcomed 

Paul 

post-1431-0-16572800-1464506377_thumb.jpg

post-1431-0-54699800-1464506389_thumb.jpg

One gets the feeling someone has attacked this in a previous life making the distortion .

overall 0.012"is not overly important the needle will adjust to compensate the height and being biased should accomadate the misalignment enough to achieve basic mixture setting .

It cant get bent by use , so expect fumble fingers have messed it up a little

think a new jet is the best solution,

maybe make a drift , drilled to take the jet and supports it when you gently press it home

pete

• Like 1

Hi Pete, thanks for input - seller has agreed to fit new jet . For my info you 

One gets the feeling someone has attacked this in a previous life making the distortion .

overall 0.012"is not overly important the needle will adjust to compensate the height and being biased should accomadate the misalignment enough to achieve basic mixture setting .

It cant get bent by use , so expect fumble fingers have messed it up a little

think a new jet is the best solution,

maybe make a drift , drilled to take the jet and supports it when you gently press it home

pete

Hi Pete - The company I bought the refurb CDSE's from has agreed to fit a new jet - For my info you said 

"overall 0.012"is not overly important the needle will adjust to compensate the height and being biased should accommodate the misalignment enough to achieve basic mixture setting ."

How does the needle compensate for the 12 thou , or does the needle have to be dropped by 12 thou to compensate 

Best regards and thanks for your advice 

Yes there should be enough travel on the top adjuster to drop the needle the extra bit but the little nylon washer on the needle top will be well below the piston face this is only 'it should do' not must do

depends on utopia or compromise

new jet should eliminate all the mismatch

pete