My cars history. UPE 6F

AidanT

Hi all

After getting the history of my car from the DVLA I have found out that the car has spent most of its life around Aylesham and Whitstable. I am trying to find out who might have restored it in the early 1980's and changed its colour to red from blue/silver

It was owned at the time by a Julie Anne To one. This is real long shot as I cannot find any details on the web with that name but does anyone recognise any of the above at all

Thanks

Aidan

• 1 month later...

Hi Aiden any news on the history? I've the same problem with my vitesse mk1. It's had a 2500 TC engine placed in during its life in and around London and I've written a letter to the PO to no avail. If anyone can help the VRN is FWL 873E

Many thanks

Rich

Hi Rich

Not yet, I am hoping I might get something from Phil Rogers the local AO in Canterbury  Unfortunately the information received from the DVLA was not great, although it id locate the main life of my car in the Canterbury area

Aidan

• 8 months later...

I have today had some success i have got in contact with the daughter of the person who rebuilt the car in the 1980's. She kindly sent me some pictures some of which are black and white!!

These have raised a really interesting question. The logbook at that time stated that the car colour was blue/silver. From the pictures it's obvious that the roof including back hatch were in the silver!

Anyone know if this was an original paint colour option?

Aidan

It was owned at the time by a Julie Anne To one. This is real long shot as I cannot find any details on the web with that name but does anyone recognise any of the above at all

I knew her brother, Fifteen. He used to be on Channel Four all the time.

... runs away very quickly.....

• 1 month later...

I now have some history at least on the change of colour and rebuild All done in 1984 when the car was on its last legs at the ripe old age of 16! It was rebuilt and re-sprayed in red by a retired carpenter (yes carpenter) and his son I will add some pictures when I've found out how my new scanner works! They are 35mm poloroids!

Aidan