navyguy

Well, I've gone and bought my first British sportscar and a spifire it is. Obviously not heeding the excellent advice of "dont buy the first car you see" I am now the proud owner of BGF **** affectionately now christened as "Bernard". Driving him home from Truro to Okehampton the first problem to raise its head was the radiator, which was the original one, began to fall apart as I was cruising at 60 on the A30. But after a trip to Exeter radiators a new recored radiator was purchased and fitted. The next job for the winter is a trip to the club shop and get hold of the spares which will allow me to conduct a full strip of the brakes.

I'll add more info if anyone's interested in the future as Bernards going to need more TLC and I may need a little advice to bring him up to spec. Navyguy.

Thoroughly recommend trip to Lubenham - not only for Club Shop but the time lime of Heralds is worth seeing and lots of achive material too.  If you are going up to the NEC in November, you can order from Club Shop to collect there too.

Look forward to seeing you at Devon events when you can make it.

Sue

Hi Navyguy, and welcome :).

I am also a newbie on here, although I did post a few times on the old forum.

How about setting up an "Introductions" section, maybe under "Members Chat", where us newbies can introduce ourselves and our cars?

Eddie P.