GT6 MK3 Rear Brake Self Adjuster H-piece 519760

Mad4classics

Hi,

Trying to get the pesky self adjusting brakes on GT6 Mk3 to work over the weekend and relised that it's missing the little H piece on both sides (recently bought car). Triumph 519760 is nla everywhere I look. Can anyone tell me the dimensions and thickness; I'm contemplating making a pair up.

Thanks

David

Dimensions:

width 10mm

Length 15.8mm

Slot width 3.8mm

the bit between slots 10mm

Thickness 2.3mm

ORif you go to the dolomite forum, a chap on there ,XVIvalve, really decent bloke, had a bucketfull made as a min order and sells them very reasonably. But not tricky to make

Hi,

Thanks for that, I think I'll try XVIvalve to see if he has any left before I disappear into the workshop.

The only ones Ive found so far seem a bit steep at £14.75 a pair including postage:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-TRIUMPH-H-CLIP-FOR-THE-REAR-BRAKES-ON-TRIUMPH-1500-RWD-STAINLESS-STEEL-/112169169552?hash=item1a1dcdb290:g:Z6oAAOSwEetWA968

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your interest.

Manufactured some H pieces to the dimensions given by Clive, but still not there yet with the brakes.

On one side the handbrake lever has been bent out of shape. Also, there is a large amount of free play in the handbrake lever pivot on one side caused by wear in the slave cylinder where it traps the pivot on the backplate. This really noticeable with the handbrake cable disconnected.

This needs sorting before these work properly. So need more bits!

I know that the self adjusting setup has a bad name; but persevering with them.

David