Vitesse convertible anti burst catch

Robin

Hello

I've got saloon doors fitted to my convertible and I'd like to fit anti-burst catches. The B posts already have the holes drilled but I can't work out the position for the doors. Does anyone have the dimensions or a template?

Thanks

Robin

The carcass is the same,i did the same to my Vitesse which got saloon doors in the eighties when you were still allowed to climb piles of cars in scrapyards(2 perfect doors for £20!),I might be able to get some measurements for you this week from my Herald CV.

Steve

The carcass is the same,i did the same to my Vitesse which got saloon doors in the eighties when you were still allowed to climb piles of cars in scrapyards(2 perfect doors for £20!),I might be able to get some measurements for you this week from my Herald CV.

Steve

That would be great - thanks Steve

Hello Robin.

As agreed, photo of the catches and latches in situ; hope it assists.

Regards.

Richard.

Thanks Richard - does the top of the catch sit parallel to the door ridge above it? From the photo it looks like the catch is slightly tilted upwards. Also does the catch fit snugly into the holder on the B post or is there some movement? 

Hello Robin.

Please see attched. If you need any other photo angles or dimensions let me know.

For some reason Windows 10 reverts the photos taken vertically back to horizontal plane, hence a couple on their side - sorry !!

All the best.

Richard.

post-818-0-35418300-1487849712_thumb.jpg

post-818-0-49413200-1487849723_thumb.jpg

post-818-0-23244900-1487849734_thumb.jpg

post-818-0-28961500-1487849743_thumb.jpg

post-818-0-09504600-1487849752_thumb.jpg

Hello Robin.

Please see attched. If you need any other photo angles or dimensions let me know.

For some reason Windows 10 reverts the photos taken vertically back to horizontal plane, hence a couple on their side - sorry !!

All the best.

Richard.

Thanks Richard - will let you know how I get on

Had a feeling there are some tooling dimples in the carcass for the position

or is that one of them dreams

pete

Pete, you are not dreaming.  There are two dimples on the Herald, in the B post on the rear tub, but can't see any corresponding dimples in the 1200 or 12/50's door.

Not looked at the detail closely enough to ensure the dimples are correctly spaced/located for the anti-burst catch.

Regards,

Stuart.