Lost password?

I'm having a few problems posting photographs to albums ( - 200 error???) and am putting it down to Apple Safari which to be honest is dreadful at present; lost connections, can't find this or that, and lots of 'cannot connect to the Internet' messages where everything else is ticking away.

I thought I'd try Google Chrome but when I enter the password it tells me that it is incorrect; what I assume is my usual password doesn't work. Safari uses some weird gobbledegook of random letters or numbers so when I go to preferences, and look at the passwords, they're all encrypted gibberish even though that's not what I used for the forum initially. It won't show the word I used, even though I know what it should be, and the copy / paste option doesn't work.

On the forum preferences, if I go for the 'password' option, this is only the opportunity to change the password, not see what the current one actually is - which I'm supposed to know already...

I don't want to change it, just use it in another browser.

Any way I can find out what it is? I'm logged in ok, through a one-click log-in process, but have no idea of the password. 

if you go into windows   and search password manager you get all your  web and service passwords 

there is a option to 'show'  but will need your admin log in to open what they are ,  again another one you have to remember 

dont ask me how this works ,   ive a book full of passwords 

Pete