spitfire mark fixed hard top

kashingley

Sounds interesting. Where was this article?

Cheers, Richard

PS: This doesn't count, but there was a Mk2 or 3 Spit in East Berks years ago (circa 1990) - a one-family-owned car I seem to recall - where the hard top had never been removed since it was bought (allegedly). A nice light blue coloured Spit. Happy days at the Seven Stars!

Richard,

Never liked the 7 Stars, a very grumpy landlord. It was closed and empty for 10-15 years, but now converted to a house. A very nice tool shop a couple of doors down, went in for some nuts and bolts but disappointed to find they only do metric.

Doug

<THREAD DRIFT> They were grumpy weren't they, but the Brakspears was generally excellent. I could settle down with a pint of mild at 2.8% (so that's about 1.5 units) and not worry about driving home. A proper old-school pub - did you ever see the function room with "minstrel gallery"? Yes, I could forgive the pub its grumpy landlord & lady. They moved round the corner to the Royal Oak - I forget what the beer was there, except it wasn't memorable, and no ambiance like the Seven Stars. Landlords come and go, but good pubs once lost are generally gone for ever.

@kashingley, we're still interested to know more about what you read, really we are! Do you have a scan of the article?

Cheers, Richard