Spitfire parcel shelf question.

ShaunW

Only me.... Again. 

OK I'm trying to reinstall the driver's parcel shelf. It must be the only part I don't have a before photo of and I'm a bit stuck. 

I've got the cardboard bit. And I've got a 8"ish boomerang shaped bit. That's it. When I look at the drawings there needs to be a smallish straight support like the passenger side one, and the boomerangy bit goes above the shelf to trim the dash. Thing is I've already got one there. 

Would someone be kind enough to post a photo of their driver's parcel shelf so I can get a clue. 

Cheers. 

20180705_204420.jpg

20180705_204339.jpg

Sorry, it's not fitted on my GT6. I think, though, it should have the same rigid front edge as the passenger side one. Certainly my mk3 Spitfire box of bits contains a pair of them, and there's a panel to the left of the column that needs to bolt to it.

Yeah I think I have a piece missing and an extra piece I don't need. It's over a year since I took it off shortly after getting it, and typically have a photo of everything but. 

If it doesn't go back then c'est la vie. 

That's the bit I was talking about, although calling it a "front plastic lip" isn't quite right. It's a steel J-section with a foam pad then wrapped in thin plastic (or vinyl) just like the dash top.  It's a mirror image of the passenger side (though I think the steel bit is identical and the foam pad is just fitted the other way round).

• Like 1

Thanks, that's answered my questions. I know that feeling anglefire. You see things in photos that you hadn't noticed before or looked OK in the flesh but look a bit dodgy in a super high res photo. I blame my permanently slightly greasy and fingerprinty glasses. 

Is that an odometer trip reset knob near your parcel shelf? That another thing mine's lost on her journey to me. Not having one is far more annoying than you'd think especially as I've got the standard issue ify fuel gauge. 

Yes that’s exactly what it is. I’m slightly sad in that when I fill up I reset it so I know roughly how many miles I have left - I know I have the gauge but given the shape of the tank it’s not linear and also I’ve not had mine working properly since I bought the car.  I am hoping that it does now though 

5 hours ago, ShaunW said:

Is that an odometer trip reset knob near your parcel shelf? That another thing mine's lost on her journey to me. Not having one is far more annoying than you'd think especially as I've got the standard issue ify fuel gauge. 

I've got a spare if you want one? 

Oh yes please yorkshire that would be great. I've looked around and all I've seen is 'no longer available'. 

I'm not quite sure of the procedure now but if you email me, I can reply with my address and if you've got a PayPal account, put it in the mail too and then I can get squared up with you to cover the postage and what you want for it?

My email is shaunwhite and that's @btinternet. com.