Fuel pipe, pump to carbs. Improvements.

Adrian Saunders

the club shop needs a shake up,  you cant see any part numbers as shown in the brochure,   it finds it under fuel  or ethanol  but only lists the 5/16 hose which is odd as Bern originally stocked the 1/4" and we asked for the 5/16 to be also added     courier shows as GFH1025X  but no idea what diameter that is   clearly states phone to order

so  its best to ring in and do it the  with people way  .

pete

On 8/15/2018 at 4:15 PM, JumpingFrog said:

The stock routing is definitely not ideal, it doesn't take much for petrol to boil - especially European ethanol blends. After breaking down on the autobahn we replaced the rigid line with r9 running under the engine along the steering rack and back up to the carb.

This still wasn't enough, so in Iran (40c+ in the desert, dry heat) we had an electric fuel pump fitted to minimise heat in the petrol before the carb.

Before we left I did some thermal imaging shots, you can see the amount of heat around the cylinder head, not an ideal place for a fuel pipe to run. The water pump housing is also pretty hot.

All this said, on my other Herald I've never had a problem. The single SU seems more prone than a Stromberg. A carb heat shield definitely helps.

ZTxAtxT.jpg

vGyF5C7.jpg

xkqYZBj.jpg

YevN6ej.jpg

QnF7lE9.jpg

8qOaArA.jpg

Been meaning to ask for ages. How did you create these thermal images?