Wiring Harness

Black Cat

Will shortly commence the complete nuts and bolts restoration of my 1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500.  What are the general thoughts on reusing the existing wiring harness or should I look to purchase a more modern with a new fuse box?

Not looking to add many additional electrical items during the re-build, apart form a radio and maybe upgrading the lights and a few other odds and ends.

If a new harness is recommended, where is the best place to get it from, hopefully at a competitive price?

Front nearside.JPG

Upgrading to new blade fuse box isn’t difficult though does take time , planning and patience plus if you purchased new it would be for your original fuse box .

If you upgraded you would be able to incorporate any ancillaries . Ive never played with auto electrics before but managed to add 2 fuse boxes each with 10 fuses, and added 5 relays. There are spare fuses for future additions. I couldn’t have done the upgrade without the help from this forum . There are several posts on this forum re fuse box upgrades

Hope this helps 

Paul