gt6 mk3 mileometer/tripometer

Dave pb

If you look at the left hand pic, and count the wires, there are ten.    But two are paired, in Blue/white and Red/black, so only require a single connection each, making 8.

Can't recall which they are.   That is the joy of multiways!   Once you have established the correct orientation once, you can foget it thereafter!

JOhn

Couple of things.

Bezel and glass off - stuck together, Had to undo the tabs as not recommended Colin, but they were on tight and corroded a bit.  Anyway, its off.   Had a fiddle with the trip/mile reels, a tiny bit of light oil,  seem to be working ok.  Reassembled with the tabs pushed back.Luckily I happen to have a new rubber ring on a replacement speedo  I had for another car, but never used.

Now looking at the wiring as suggested by John.... and I can count 10 wires, plus another 3 in the left hand pic.   Is that right? 13?  The three white looking ones are part of the deal aren't they?  Anyway,  I've decided to do mine, should make reassembly a doddle.   I'll post a pic when done.

Dave

===

• 2 weeks later...

I took it apart cleaned it, oiled it,   replaced the voltage stabiliser, put in two multiway connectors - one for the stabiliser and one for all the speedo bulbs.  Put the speedo back using the tips above.     And all the bulbs and gauges worked,   but the trip/odometer still got stuck in the same place!   Annoying or what!!!   so it will have to come out again   - be somewhat easier this time as I now know what I am doing.    But it will have to wait a few days as the Ryder Cup will be commanding my attention until at least Tuesday.

Dave

====

• 2 weeks later...

Drill testing showed everything working ok without sticking.  Did a couple of miles with the drill,  and it went through what was the normal sticking point.   Nothing left to do except to put it back and have another test drive. (when the torrential rain stops). I might have another drill test first though.

Its back in and a few miles down the road it all seems to be working ok. Must have been a bit of dirt or something in a cog tooth.  A few little bits and pieces left to do, mainly cosmetic, and its ready for its winter hibernation. and possible sale next spring.

Thanks for everybody's help, until the next time.

Dave

===