Washer Bottle

Adrian

Hi all

just a little niggle which I hope is simple.

Having replaced the washer bottle and tube there seems to be an airlock between the bottle and the switch which is preventing the fluid to be pumped. is there a technique to getting it 'bled' properly?

Thanks

Adrian

Assuming it's a manual pump. have you put a one way valve on the end of the pipe? they don't work without, I have 2, one in the end of the pipe in the bottle and one after the pump. The pump is a simple bellow, though I think they had built in valves but these often fail, so without valves they suck and push via both tubes and so do nothing.

Adrian,

The one way valve is on the end of the pipe that goes in the bottle, the original is pretty flimsy and easily damaged.  Air in the pipe will get sucked through as long as the valve works.  I broke mine taking the pipe out the bottle. You can get something a bit more robust  on Ebay for a couple of £. 

Doug

Ok, looked to take the switch off and found the knob had been glued on. Cut the knob off and found the shaft had broken at some time in its life and perhaps the throw of the pump action isn’t enough to prime it. I think a new knob and pump needed. I haven’t touched the feed from the pump to the jets.

• 2 weeks later...