Stromberg CD150 cdse carburettors

Paulfc

Hi,

I'm looking to purchase a pair of CD150 CDSE carburettors for my early GT6 Mk3. Ideally I'd  like models 3369L and 3369R which I believe would have been fitted originally and operate with the Smiths'  emission valve so will not have the breather tube connectors.

If you can help please let me know.

In addition, any advice on suitable alternative models to the above and the pros and cons associated with them will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

yes go for CDS then you dont have to mess with down the top mixture adjustment hassle and they wont have temperature compensators that go open when should be closed and need a twiddle to shut them down

you wnt get biased needles on CDS but you coud fit the CDSE pistons if you want a bottom adjustable hybrid

pete

• 1 month later...

Some time ago I bought a pair of unused new old stock CD150SE carbs without the breather tube connectors.  When I checked the model numbers they were apparently for the US and Swedish market so may have slight differences in spring/needle/jet setup to the UK versions. Although unused the linkages had slight storage corrosion.  If the OP is still looking and/or interested I could dig them out of my parts cupboard.

I went on a carb buying spree two years ago when the carbs on my GT6 were running far too rich despite leaning the adjustment to the maximum.  Then the car started running tolerably well on it's existing 150CDSE's so the compulsion to change carbs died away.  Paul has spurred me into excavating the spare carbs from the back of the cupboard and to make a decision to sell and/or refurbish and use.

Nick

This pair don't have the breathers, which was the type Paul was looking for, and I also have a Smith's breather valve to go with them too. 

My other pair, which require a refurb, do have the breather stubs which remove the need for the Smith's valve.  Once refurbished these would be a direct replacement for the carb set currently on my car.

Nick