brake fluid tester

dougbgt6

My brother has a brake fluid tester, Pete and I both bought one following his approval of the thing. Brother tested his modern and it came up 0 which means  "OK". He tested his wife's modern and it came up 2, "OK, but change soon". The wife's car's MOT came along so he told the garage to MOT and change the brake fluid, £67 extra, kerching! Garage collected the car and brought it back, brother re-tests the brake fluid and it comes up 4 "Unsafe change immediately!" His modern still says 0. Intense phone call to garage!  :angry: Wouldn't want to be there when they come back to collect it! :lol:

And no, it wasn't Halfords, he wanted to go to them, but she doesn't trust them, it was her tried, tested and much loved Ladies friendly garage.

Doug

• Sad 1

This sort of thing makes my blood boil grrrrrr.... When i had my garage i had a lot (65%) of female customers, some elderly due to the fact of advertising in a church magazine. I was shocked to find what some of these people had paid for jobs that had not been done :(  One in particular had got a free check at kwik s**t being told her air conditioning was in need of repair before winter. Her sister told her to bring it to me for a quote...... It did not need doing at all...... as it was not fitted on her car.  She got no where with her complaint, but i got another customer.  

Tony.

• Sad 1

Agreed,  I never understand why repairers make these things up , its as easy to do a good job as a bad one and you get the trust of a customer  just money grabbing arthur  daily  motors 

On warranty even our own main dealers would do things completely unacceptable , one even flame cut  a steering ram off a wreck

claiming warranty   quick press of the reject button got some very annoyed .... do it right !!!  It works

Pete