13/60 horn plate

pirate

I've got the car stripped down for restoration, I tried one of the newly painted engine valance panels on yesterday and thought I would offer up the horn plate, It's been over 2 years since I stripped the car and can't remember what It bolts too.

Anyone got pics showing the assembly, looked in the restoration manual and it shows nowt! 

I wanted to plan how the new ally full width radiator was going to fit.

If your going to use one of those economically priced radiators they seem to be fine except for the inlet connection which aligns very poorly with thermostat housing outlet. On a recent thread somebody went as far as having the pipe re-welded at the correct angle however I dont think Id go that far. My prefered option would be to cut off the angle and find a rubber pipe with a suitable bend to make the connection....

• Thanks 1

It's a very long time since I had a 13/60. On a Spitifre, the horns attach to the bottom rail of the U-frame that holds the radiator (engine valances attach to the uprights of that). On a Vitesse, the horns are on the bonnet as there's no room around the radiator.

7 hours ago, NonMember said:

It's a very long time since I had a 13/60. On a Spitifre, the horns attach to the bottom rail of the U-frame that holds the radiator (engine valances attach to the uprights of that). On a Vitesse, the horns are on the bonnet as there's no room around the radiator.

So the horn plate is attached to the bonnet, must be some brackets somewhere will look through the box.

cheers