Leaking fuel line

Andrew

Hi guys.

the fuel pump to carb pipe has been leaking at the fuel pipe union coming out of the pump. So I purchased new copper pipe 1/4 inch and new male union and olive.  After fitting the new pipe And  union to the fuel pump and routing the pipe round the engine to the carb.  It is still leaking. Any suggestions please

regrads

Andrew

Hi pete funny you mention this I could only get the olive just on the pipe and I mean the olive is in line with the end of the pipe.  What sealant would you recommend.  And lastly enjoyed the twiddle day I wa the guy asking about a multimeter 

If the olive is just level with tube end it wont seal, is the pump designed to take a pipe and olive olive or is it made to accept  a flare .

If olive it should have relief to allow some  small protrusion of pipe beyond the  seated olive  

Any general sealer should work , a smear around and over the olive but the lack of pipe showing is a concern

Pete

Also worth noting that the pipe needs to go only a little way through the olive, so that it's not bottomed out in the pump fitting. If it does bottom then the olive can't compress properly. This is the opposite of the pesky rubber seal fitting on the jet hose on SU carbs.

Hi all just an update on my leaking fuel pump.  Replaced the copper tubing and fitted a new olive made sure it was pushed on about 1/4 inch. Refitted and tightened up all now secure and no leakes so the moral of the story is by new parts where possible

thanks For  your  help guys

regards

andrew