Spin On/Off Oil filter conversion

AidanT

HI All

I have read about all there us to read on this subject (I think!) and will be trying this conversion this year - One question I do have though is once converted over what kind of service interval should I give for the converter seals? or once fitted with no leaks, can I just forget about them?

Thanks

Mine's been on for 4 years, never thought about changing the seals! One thing, from your picture I guess you have a GT6? The conversion doesn't allow the filter to be vertical, on mine it's about 45 degrees to avoid the chassis. Worried me at first, but not a problem. Also the oil filter canisters are variable, the non return valve is a simple flap and sometimes not very efficient. One guy on the old site recommended getting all the shop's stock out and blowing and sucking to find the best one! :lol:

Seals are not a service item, so more or less fit and forget. New seals available from Mocal (who make the converter)

There are loads of filters that will fit. Ford, VW and many others, so just choose on quality and you should be fine. I believe genuine VW ones are reasonably priced, and of course decent quality. Just make sure it has a 3/4UNF thread.....

Aiden,

def fitnand forget

get filetrs from CLub shop £4 ea get 4 for same postage

make sure the o rings are fitted correctly down in the seal register they can pitch and leak

have seen overtighend ones rip the thread and cast webb out the block

the seal register is stepped easy to think the seal is seated and its not

get down close and look , dont just stuff the ring in and hope

pete