this link leads you to the Maps655 preservation society 

655MaPS
Wellesbourne Airfield
Loxley Lane
Wellesbourne
WARWICK
CV35 9EU
England.

this is a really good day out , you get full one to one tours around the aircraft in groups of 4 

a donation of £10 is requested to help the ongoing work . worth every penny

the cockpit visit and tour is not to be missed

all contact details are on the website but for ant area's who want a run out and a hi value guided tour around an Icon of flight this is worth considering. 

we took 22 members and 10 cars  the tour takes around 4 hours to complete and a 5 min walk to the cafe does  a cracking all day breakfast for the hungry or a snack for the lite bites 

• Like 1

Sounds Great Value Pete. I did the underwing tour of the flying Vulcan XH558 at Farnborough Airshow a couple of years back which lasted about 1/2 hour max, didn't include actually going inside the aircraft and cost a fiver so £10 for the complete tour including the cockpit and taking four hours is a real bargain :-)

I didnt get right up to  the pilots seat, its a narrow ladder and and reassembles getting in the back of a GT6 by climbing over the handbrake, so these guys were fit and small waisted. !!   I did not tackle that  they might have had to blow the doors off to get me out    Ha !

the pilot and Co got out in a hurry via a explosive canopy the others went out through the underfloor door, if the nose wheel was down you 

landed as a  soprano .

I didnt get right up to  the pilots seat, its a narrow ladder and and reassembles getting in the back of a GT6 by climbing over the handbrake, so these guys were fit and small waisted. !!   I did not tackle that  they might have had to blow the doors off to get me out    Ha !

Pete,

You lightweight - I managed to get in and out of the Pilots seat - twice !

It was a bit of a squeze getting in, but well worth it.

Getting out was easier.