Jack from Marion,NY

jack

I'm having a rough time finding my way around the sight-well-all sights frankly I'm not very savy.  I went on a forum last night and it was suggested to go to teglerizer I got there successfullly  but found very little substance.  I've got a gt6 chasis (roto-flex vintage 73?) and a 72 Spitfire tub, Bonnet to accomodate the six cyl. GT6? and a 6Cyl motor dismantled ready to turn over to the shop for machining    Nee to start on the brakes sinse I completely stripped the Chasis to sandblast ,replace body supports and paint.  Igather in bits and pieces that i will have to weld some guides for the E-brake cable on the bottom of the tub, Position some Shock Absorber brackets to accomodate Rear shocks and be prepared for some extra  work to fit the muffler because of the change of body and Rotoflex rear drive    There is some pecu;iarity to the cowling around the transmission through the firewall.  The point is I've been looking for one of these wonder drugs like You Tube with some motor head who likes to talk and show you stuff to give me a heads up or something to avoid the inevitable headaches   inherent to mixing two cars that weren't born together.  Any advice -directly or references would be appreciated  

You have found the tricky bits, namely the rotoflex handbrake guides and shock absorber mounts. 

Not sure how to describe doing teh guides, I used a part cut from a rotoflex tub, but just about impossible to find over here these days. I expect something can be made using guides cut from a non rotoflex chassis and some welding, using a parts book for a description. 

There are brackets made for extending the shock absorber mounts, but I would be inclined to make my own, so that a standard spitfire shock can be used. (the brackets sold often seem to need a shorter shock, which is not useful)

Must go, kids (ha! 22 and 24 plus their boyfriends) are just getting up to open their christmas stockings!)

If you have more questions, please ask. But a bit busy the next few days.

Jack,

Here is a good site 

https://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/

They are a Triumph club in Ohio, but don't hold that against them! There's a lot about TR6s, but as the Scrapman says there's a lot of commonality, I was confident enough to rebuild my GT6 Stromberg carbs having read their technical articles about them. 

Doug