Vitesse seat mods

SixasStandard

8 minutes ago, SixasStandard said:

Hello Gary,

The MGF seats pictured in your car look very good. Did you opt for the full seat exchange option offered by Newton Commercial, where they supply the seats fully trimmed? or did you purchase the covers and fit them yourself? Also, the only blue currently being offered by NC on their website is called 'Navy'...……...which looks darker than your seats. How long ago did you buy them?

Thanks,

Ian

Ian

I purchased the covers and headrest and got a local trimmer to fit them for me.

This was about 8 or 9 years ago.

Newtons told me the Colour and grain type of the MGF Covers is Triumph Shadow Blue and Stag grain pattern, apparently two types of grain/vinyl finish where available at that time.

If you want to PM me with an E-Mail address I have the details saved somewhere and can send them?

Cheers

Gary

1 hour ago, Gary Flinn said:

Ian

I purchased the covers and headrest and got a local trimmer to fit them for me.

This was about 8 or 9 years ago.

Newtons told me the Colour and grain type of the MGF Covers is Triumph Shadow Blue and Stag grain pattern, apparently two types of grain/vinyl finish where available at that time.

If you want to PM me with an E-Mail address I have the details saved somewhere and can send them?

Cheers

Gary

Thanks Gary, PM sent.

Ian

I have the same problem being 6ft 4ins . The limiting factor is the B post. I have no requirement for the rear seating and did not wish to change the seats for a narrower set. I achieved maximum length by first fitting the rubber blocks to raise the seats an alter the rake. I then had new mounting  bracket made to achieve maximum travel and I can now manage. I also had the clutch pedal modified to move it over a bit to the left. This meant I could no longer press all three pedals together!

Paul

On 19/01/2020 at 19:56, Paul Marshall said:

I have the same problem being 6ft 4ins . The limiting factor is the B post. I have no requirement for the rear seating and did not wish to change the seats for a narrower set. I achieved maximum length by first fitting the rubber blocks to raise the seats an alter the rake. I then had new mounting  bracket made to achieve maximum travel and I can now manage. I also had the clutch pedal modified to move it over a bit to the left. This meant I could no longer press all three pedals together!

Paul

Thanks for that Paul, it seems that seat mods are a fairly common job for us Vitesse owners of a 'certain height'.

Ian

• Haha 1

my dentist who's from HK brought a Porsche Panamera trouble was he had 3 kids and a wife and it only had 2 moulded rear seats. so take the kids or wife and 2 kids!

The car lasted around a year before he had to succumb to 'eer in doors' ultimatum  & replaced it with a Merc AMG of some description but the compromise was he brought a concour classic 70's Nissan turbo Skyline coupe of some notoriety and joined the Datsun club and enjoying it, entering national car shows. So there's always a silver lining, wife doesn't go in the Nissan but kids enjoy it.

Peter T

1 hour ago, Peter Truman said:

trouble was he had 3 kids and a wife and it only had 2 moulded rear seats. so take the kids or wife and 2 kids!

Or better still, at the time, just go solo and enjoy the car - problem solved ☺️ !!

Regards.

Richard.

The Lotus represented a watershed for me. I had then established the principle of dual cars. My firm , fortunately, provided me with a BMW  7 series which magnificently exceeded my family requirements but allowed me a bit exotica on the side. I had Jaguars, Ferraris, Maserati, and even a Gordon Keeble but I have now scratched one of my last itches and bought a Vitesse convertible. It passes the acid test. I look at it in the garage and grin. Roll on the summer when I can get it out and pose!

Paul 

• Like 2