Early or late vertical links (Vitesse)

Clive

Is there a difference between the VL's on early Vitesse 1600 with the smaller stub axle/bearings compared to the later type used on the 2 litre and GT6?

( yes, the later herald/spit type have the cast-in caliper brackets, so easy to identify, but I have several vitesse ones here, some with the small stub axle attached, some with no stub axle. And the stubs are not easy to remove intact!)

I have tried searching for info, but I am being a numpty or unlucky.

Ta!

Hmm, I will have a good look. I suppose it is possible the VL's I have without stubs fitted are early herald or even spit mk1 (the type with detachable caliper carriers)

I am trying to rationalise my spares, keep what will fit my cars, sell what doesn't. (need the cash, both daughters getting married this year)

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, clive said:

need the cash, both daughters getting married this year

That wont be the end of it Clive! Both mine are married off, I've 6 grandchildren, but I've just bought a new battery for No.1 girl's car. Batteries wear out! Who new?

Doug 

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, clive said:

Hmm, I will have a good look. I suppose it is possible the VL's I have without stubs fitted are early herald or even spit mk1 (the type with detachable caliper carriers)

I am trying to rationalise my spares, keep what will fit my cars, sell what doesn't. (need the cash, both daughters getting married this year)

The early Herald disc uprights are a rare item.

Dave