Triumph Spitfire 1500

Black Cat

Has anybody found a supplier who has the B post seal pads for the 1500 hardtop in stock , ref. 624747 & 624748 or is there an alternative solution you can use?

Did try the main suppliers but it seems they no longer stock them.

Many thanks 

These are the current ones I have, they are item 40 in the photograph. They don’t look to bad in the photo but are a bit squashed where the hardtop has pressed into them. If I can’t find any replacement I may have to use these.

On another note, why is the cost of the rear window seal so expensive compared to the front screens seal and is there an alternative supplier to the main providers?

Hardtop pads..jpg

39 minutes ago, Black Cat said:

On another note, why is the cost of the rear window seal so expensive compared to the front screens seal and is there an alternative supplier to the main providers?

Yes; have a look at the profile then buy a length of the same from any good seal supplier.

https://coh-baines.co.uk/product-category/classic-car/

Found these rubber profiles on www.woolies-trim.co.uk

Providing I get the correct sizes for the glass and the body thickness they should do the trick.

Last question, to join the ends of the extrusion together, is it just a case of using super glue?

Regards

rubber seals.jpg

we used the old black bostic for years  you need something that doenst go hard .

you are sealing not adhereing ,  black  gutter sealant is ok in my experience , and excess is so easy to clean off with white spirit

do check baines out as their screen seals are moulded corners and all joined up 

pete