Servo

petegardner_901

The BX braking was awesome for it`s period. I had a 200.000 mile Estate. and managed to tow an 18ft Twin axle Caravan with it. The brakes where really "power brakes", using the Hydro-Pnue system as I recall?, as was the power steering too.

The first time I tried to unhitch with the engine still running, as I jacked the Jockey wheel the rear of the car went up as well!. so the hitch would not release!. "Dohh"!.

I had an XM which had a regulator problem and it could throw the belt ....no steering    rebuilt the reg and piped it incorrectly , it punched the metal spool valve piston rammed it into the regulator  casting like a bullet......powerfull stuff,    still got the test gauges and fitting  ...why.

but the fully pumped hydraulic brakes were amazing , nearly as good as forgetting in an auto and declutching on the brake pedal  thats a 

nose on screen situation .....surprise !!!!

Pete

11 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

I had an XM which had a regulator problem and it could throw the belt ....no steering    rebuilt the reg and piped it incorrectly , it punched the metal spool valve piston rammed it into the regulator  casting like a bullet......powerfull stuff,    still got the test gauges and fitting  ...why.

but the fully pumped hydraulic brakes were amazing , nearly as good as forgetting in an auto and declutching on the brake pedal  thats a 

nose on screen situation .....surprise !!!!

Pete

AND the acres of "plumbing" that went with them, MOT fail and an expensive job in labour terms.