Pimento red

Ian Faulds

Hi all. My gt6 is originally meant to be pimento it's a 72. I've completed the tub welding today and while it's on the rotisserie iam gonna stone chip the underside and paint new floor pans inside. Anyone know a brush paint near pimento colour? That I could use for this. 

Pimento is a more... I suppose peppery red... than Signal, but Japlac used to have an exact match for Signal in their brush-on paint, now marketed as International Japlac. Possibly Jenolite do too, these days - their Re-Paint is allegedly Rosso Red? It may be close enough for you to get away with it on undercarpet panels.

thanks chaps, ive sent an email to advanced paints, they list a triumph pimento red and ive asked if they can do a brushable, I don't have spray equipment but for the inside brush will do. the tub on this car must be from another as base paint is magenta, its now a horrible silver, but the original body should be pimento, chasis and engine numbers are original but I reckon its been re bodied at some time.

hi had a result with the paint from these guys advance paints.co.uk . id sent a message and they come back they can mix me a brushable paint had to give triumph code . so if your stuck give them a try. ive no links to the company.