Vitesse 1600/6 - Seat Diaphram

martyn wright

Hi All!  My 1600/6 Seat Diaphram is broken so I ordered a new one on-line!  (370x330)(612251).  When I went to fit it, it is too short by 50mm or nearly 2 inches and the side holes do not line up?  Could this be because yet again I have a late model 1600/6 and that means the seats are from a Mk1 2Ltr or Mk2 Vitesse(569944)??  Your help on this matter is appreciated

Martyn

that looks a std Vit6/  mk1 seat mk2 has more shaped bolsters   canley show two diaphragms  on Vit6  

tr6  612251   and vit herald (all)   569944  MK2 is the same ... what did you get ???   they do need a good stretch to tension up .

https://www.canleyclassics.com/?catalogue=triumph-vitesse&diagram=triumph-vitesse-vitesse-6-interior-trim

as for a commision plate if you want it right yes get a replacement but you need to get it stamped

the smaller plate resembles the body number , not recorded anywhere these days , both body and com plate should be on the passenger side of the bulkhead panel and fitted horizontal above the bonnet catch area.

Pete

Hi Pete!  Great!  Many Thanks for the info AGAIN!    The Commission Plate I have had stamped! and is awaiting fitting, it was just that I panicked after the original went missing on resto, so looking in the Manual and it only shows the two plates and not the New Style silver/black one.  The Seat Diaphram is 612251?  Cheers martyn

Paddocks are selling 566592 "may need seat frame mod" ie possibly another hole drilled per side.

As Pete says they do need a good tension, after all they're a rubber-spring-type thing to support the driver; I had to make up a winder thingy to pull them out far enough to get the hooks into my Herald seat frames.

Hi All!  Just spent 3/4hour fitting the Diaphram!  It was hard work, but used a type of fork to put in between the frame and outer seat side to use as a lever, but two side holes(one each side opposite each other) did not match up, need to drill those, otherwise it fitted.  Need a lay down now!!   Got mine of ebay for £18.00 with clips and delivery (Anbax17 or nearest offer!)

Kind regards Martyn

1 hour ago, martyn wright said:

Hi All!  The chap that sold me the Diaphram just contacted me and told me that he had been away and someone else posted the kit to me, and had forgotten to include the "extended fixing clips"?

Cheers martyn

Try it as is, I used straps for the Gt6 which were inches too long and had to be shortened, so you may find that your diaphragm is actually better the way you've fitted it. Of course if you go over a bump and fly up in the air, let them out a bit.

Hi Pete!  I printed off 1-15 sheets to find that the stoppers that fit under the seat rails to keep them off the floor/carpet I had already ordered of Canley some months ago Pt 608759? but they don't seem to be up to the job?  I was thinking of using the rubber round mounts that are similar to the chassis mounts instead?

Cheers Martyn