wiper arms

Barry

one of the best updates you can do quite cheaply is to change the arms to the 7.1wide  arms give far more blade pressure on the screen .

ive always used adjustable length arms so you can tailor the height of sweep and can make even longer blades for more visabilty 

one of the best improvements the wider arms are a good improvement on keeping the blades pressure on the screen  

places like   https://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/parts_index/wiper-arm

you need a bayonet fitting 15mm spline drive arm  

you will loose the blades if  you use a 7.1 on a 5mm arm it will flop about and detach  then you scratch the glass    dont do it till you have both matched !!!!!

pete

its a nightmare of     it fits a whatever       when often they are far away from any hope of a fit 

if you search aero the modern squeegee type blades they all say they fit but pretty much 

all need a hook arm which you cannot get with a  15mm  splined drive 

I found some to fit a 7mm arm but the adaptor was like having a Pigeon whizzing across the screen  hopeless  

many makes of blade sold for classics are hard  rubbish and clearing is useless   

i have had some stainless that are good of e bay but need to dive into history to find just who's 

pete

I changed my Mk1 GT6 blades recently - after about 20 years it was long past due - and fitted old-stock sealed-packet Lucas WB5 blades; they are a straight fit for the original wiper arms and made a tremendous difference. They come up online all the time.

I've just seen a set of classic Mini wipers which are the same, although can be 'sold as a 12-piece set'... TWELVE? For two wipers? Have to work that one out...