Vitesse /Herald Window Regulator Pivot Bolt

martyn wright

Hi All!  Well!  my "Pivot Bolt" arrived from Chic Doig with all the springs and washers!  As you remember I spent 6 hours fitting the drivers door internals to find that the window was very hard to get up and down?  I then moved on the the passenger door to find that the "Pivot Bolt" was missing!  I did the same as the drivers door, but only spent only around "2" hours setting it all up, and it worked lovely!  So I went back to the drivers door to find that there were no springs fitted to the "Pivot Bolt" as in the manual it only shows a washer and nut?  So I dismantled the door inners including the Window and Channel runner!  (6 hours work down the drain) I then found that the Top Runner Bracket looked different to the one on the passenger side and low and behold, the bracket with the nut had been fitted the wrong way around?  I then drilled out the rivets and turned it around and fitted it all back together inside,  and now everything runs as smooth as a babies bum!  And I FOUND the missing "Pivot Bolt"!!!

ive rebiult a few of those glass silent channels and despite photos sketches and strong tea the little sods defy all reson and

when riveting the brackets back on ..........

you spend hours making up the wrong hand the wrong way round and whats this supposed to go on  , they have a mind of their own 

Pete

The "Thackery Washer" was named after the device used in their manufacture!  Not after the inventor!  Sir Eric De Welsh founded an large Industrial Empire around an invention to close the hole in Sand cast Cylinder Blocks!(See Golden Gate Lotus Club - Thackery Washer) on the net?