PAINTING FABRIC ROOF

Rabbit

The bees knees for rescuing tired and faded vinyl is Foliatec. Really for interior vinyl but does the job on any vinyl just fine. Not many places have it so it might take a bit of searching.

Used to come in gloss, satin and matt. But not sure if the satin one still exists. The gloss can look a bit artificial. The full kit is expensive and includes a primer, colour coat and sealant. But I've found one can use just the colour spray and get a perfectly good result.

The good point is that it 'melts' into the vinyl to give a permanent recolour. The bad point is that it 'melts' into any other paint or material it gets on, so assiduous masking is required.

13 hours ago, chrishawley said:

The bees knees for rescuing tired and faded vinyl is Foliatec.

I've just searched following your recommendation, Chris - it's available on eBay; I'm now wondering if it will work on early Herald dashboards... (link to dark grey below)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Foliatec-Car-Interior-Dashboard-Door-Plastic-Vinyl-Dark-Grey-Matt-Spray-Paint-09/303319069573?epid=12034810817&hash=item469f39b385:g:sWYAAOSwg8hdoewk