Spit mkIV/1500 windscreens

wimpus

Hi, 

My original laminated windscreen has a lot of stone chips and now in one corner I had moisture.

Now my car (Fox) is getting a lot of bodywork and so screen will need to come out eventually.

Now some years ago I heard it a few times that the new screen are not curved enough and dont fit right.. 

Does anyone know what brand is the bad ones and what brand to get? 

Thanks !

Hi,

You are probably right about the new screens.  I fitted (well I got mobile fitters in to fit it) a new screen on my GT6 Mk3 after I broke the old one taking it out for the body repairs and respray.  The fitters took three visits to fit it and the screen trim, they said they couldn't get it to fit properly at the top due to the curvature and size, they said this was a common problem with the replacement screens as opposed to OEM.  Same screen as the Spitfire Mk4/ 1500?

The screen is marked Lamishield and came from Canleys, I suspect that the other usual suppliers supply the same.  It looks as though Pilkington can supply replacement screens that should be to the OEM pattern- https://www.pilkington.com/en-gb/uk/automotive/makes-and-models/triumph.  You will probably pay for quality though and have to see if they can supply outside the UK!  With hindsight I should have thought about going to them in the first place.