Door Gaps again

Paul H

somewhere i have aset of original square chequer ally ones but cant find them

as for door gaps to maintain the gap when tightening the body bolts we made a simple 2x1" timber with a slot each end to fit between the 

A B post flanges   mine measure 40.25" with a chamfered end to allow you to drop/roll the spacer in place 

and fitted a sized bolt through under the tread plate trim so the two halves could never close or open up ever again

its  also worth doing a earth bond between the tubs and chassis , back to the battery to aid  rust body earths and poor lighting 

Pete

2 Chassis bolts loosened by A post and 3 self tappers loosened on body tub joint . Roof bolts still tight 

Body jacked byB post and gap now as good as I can get see pic . The Jack is in place overnight and final job is to add new packing which will be a mixture of Penny washers and Wellington boot washers 

98D8ACB0-AF36-4F13-9EC0-33AAE08E2437.thumb.jpeg.62f1d99828f6259cabcedd3d8377751a.jpeg

Paul 

• Like 1

Hi

I replaced them with with 10mm Coach bolts and large washers they are the joint between the two tub halves.

image.thumb.jpeg.e2868b360000ab962cc8ca256ef6ed7b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.07021eef62cfa28d944905ba0adb0b56.jpeg

I have used various thickness of laminate and reinforced Nitrile rubber. once I have it "right" I will turn up thick "C" washers from an alloy billet and replace the laminate.

P.s. Those gaps look better than mine

Pete

• Thanks 1