Vitesse 1600/6 (Late) Oil Filter Bolt Parts

martyn wright

Hi All!  Does anyone have a "Clear Diagram" of the parts that make up the Oil Filter Bolt?  There is a seal in the outer Case where the Bolt feeds through, but its the inner parts I need to fit in the correct order!  The Workshop Manual has very poor diagrams? and Canleys are a bit vague!

Kind regards Martyn

Okay... from block:  little 'star-shaped' bit.. then filter... then large 'plug' into filter... spring... steel washer MAY go between casing and spring, but on the outside the rubber / asbestos / fibre washer goes against the casing under the bolt head as a seal. So all you have that differs from the exploded diagram is an extra metal washer that goes between the casing and the internal spring, probably to prevent wear between spring and casing.

and when fitting the block 0 ring seal make sure it is set right down in the groove, this can be stepped and the ring sits out its slot so gets chopped with tightening the centre nut    its often got an old seal still n place  

you cant see this until you get down and look carefully at how this simple job can turn into a major  leak

theres a few tee shirts for this seal being mis placed 

pete

Hi Pete!  Just purchased another O Ring!  As when I cranked the engine over for the first time, since 1997, the oil began to seep out!  Also the Adjuster Screw on the Carb began to leak petrol so thats the other job I have to do1 just ordered 2 x Carb Gasket sets.

Cheers Martyn

PS I will have this on the road by beginning of Summer????