Mk1 GT6 Alternator Sliding Bracket

AidanT

Hi All

I have been supplied with the wrong sliding bracket for my alternator conversion it Should as per

http://www.canleyclassics.com/triumph-gt6-mki/ii-mki-alternator-attachment/

This bracket is not available (From Canleys or Paddocks anyway)

Has anyone else had the same problem ?  Can I use the original one from the Dynamo? Do I need to re-shape it in any way or will it work straight off? 

If anyone has a picture of what they did it would be really helpfull

Thanks

Aidan

Hi Paul - thanks but the issue is the top bracket where you adjust to tension the fan belt, the kit came with a bottom bracket that fits perfectly

Pete   -Thanks - removed the fan belt and slid the alternator away from the block - It fits without hitting the bonnet when I move it 65 mm further down the slide with a small gap between the top of the bracket where the fitting to the alternator is 

I have measured the length of the replacement belt I need with a bit of thin rope 1140 mm so have asked Paddockes to supply me with one as that's where I got the kit from

And everybody said it was easy to fit !  HA   :wacko:   :wacko:    :wacko: Don't think so

"WHAT FUN" as Patricia Hodge says to Miranda

Aidan

Thanks Paul

Anyone any ideas on measuring this rather than doing it by eye  - Can I assume that the water pump pulley and the crank pulley are aligned already? as I can measure where the pump pulley is compared to the face of the block and should be able to do the same with the alternator ??

Thx

Aidan

All

Looking again at the position of the top bracket - have decided that in fact it has little or no impact on the alignment of the alternator - Its all on the bottom bracket, the yop one in my opinion just stabilises the alternator. Interestingly and I don#;t know if others have found similar but the belt length needed is the 1150 - the same as the Mk3 belt

Well all done and running ignition light working correctly battery charging nicely and fuel gauge has increased!  Wonder if it will now read full when the tank is??

That's it for this thread unless anyone else wants co contribute

Aidan