Wiring J type to non OD 1980 Spit

AlanT

Hi All,

I’m installing an overdrive as part of my resto and need a bit of help sorting the wiring. In the diagram (pic) 17 is the solenoid, 18 is the in/out switch, 19 is the inhibitor. I’ve no idea what the dashed boxes represent. Questions:

There is a spare green (pic) that I could use to go to the inhibitor. Is this correct? Do I then simply connect the other spade of the inhibitor to the in/out switch and the second side of the in/out switch to the solenoid? 

Thanks

Alan

D70E662A-548D-4081-8C4E-6072809E0C12.jpeg

CBF97B4F-5AD9-46D7-B263-C3B5B090C317.jpeg

The J-type in my GT6 piggy-backs off the reversing light circuit. All you need is power in, which then loops round via an inhibitor switch to the manual switch and then to the solenoid, and earths via the other solenoid terminal. If that green cable has power when the engine is running then that should be fine. 

As the guys above said - it's all very simple on a 1500 - take a supply feed of the reverse light switch to the inhibitor, to the gear knob switch, to the solenoid. I'm not quite sure why it needed two bullet connectors to change wire colours when both switches and the solenoid all have push-fit connections.