Rare Bonds for sale at Beaulieu

Gary Flinn

Intersting is their assessment of price range.!. OTT in my opinion?.

More intersting might be the Herald Estate, But 2/3 grand for a Project?. The 13/60 Convertible is also priced way over IMHO?. I paid less than half that in 2015, and mine was at least a runner!. AND the MOT had only just run out!.

Pete

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PeteH said:

Intersting is their assessment of price range.!. OTT in my opinion?.

More intersting might be the Herald Estate, But 2/3 grand for a Project?. The 13/60 Convertible is also priced way over IMHO?. I paid less than half that in 2015, and mine was at least a runner!. AND the MOT had only just run out!.

Pete

Pete

Yes I thought the prices were a tad optimistic, but it is Beaulieu!

The prototype Bond may fetch a good price though due to it being a one off according to the Blurb.

I've e-mailed Guy Singleton the Bond register contact, I hope they all get saved and restored as they look very original and unmolested, they even look like they have the original Hoods?

They are all rare cars these days and need saving.

Gary  

7 hours ago, Gary Flinn said:

Pete

Yes I thought the prices were a tad optimistic, but it is Beaulieu!

The prototype Bond may fetch a good price though due to it being a one off according to the Blurb.

I've e-mailed Guy Singleton the Bond register contact, I hope they all get saved and restored as they look very original and unmolested, they even look like they have the original Hoods?

They are all rare cars these days and need saving.

Gary  

Hi

I`m not a denier and agree for rarity they do need saving. But there is a big difference between a sensible price and the sort of optimism being exhibited here. Even if the latest insurance values (TSCC) are £1000. (projects).

It will be interesting to see if they make the estimates?.

Pete

To a Bond enthusiast, the prototype is genuinely priceless: none were known to survive, and I have only seen a couple of photos of it, taken in the factory. What it is worth is a different matter. But I doubt there is another one on the planet, so if two people want it, who knows what it might fetch? The 2-litre Equipes are rare, but then they always were: fewer than 2500 were made. Many have succumbed to terminal rot over the years but as yet they remain a very niche car. There are better ones out there for not much more money -for the time being, at least.

• 2 weeks later...