Seat pressure switch Spit 1500

AlanT

I sold the one I stripped out of the seats I rebuilt recently and it went nearly instantly, so I would expect they don’t show up all that often I’m afraid. This site lists it though https://www.inracing.co.uk/teesdale-classic-car-parts-centre-catalogue-s-u/ along with other not usually available parts so might be worth a call. 

1 hour ago, Graham C said:

Actually does the passenger seat have a sensor? Was it just the drivers seat?

Why would you bother with a sensor on the driver's seat? If the car's in use then the driver's seat is occupied! The sensor is there to disable the passenger's seat belt warning when there's no passenger.

• Thanks 1

When this device was put into our cars we drove around without wearing seat belts, this light was to aid the driver to remember to wear the seat belt. Looking at the BL parts manual it is not clear. May be both seats had them, shame I can't check as car is in lock up.

Graham

24 minutes ago, Graham C said:

this light was to aid the driver to remember to wear the seat belt

No, this light was originally added for the US market to remind ALL occupants to wear seatbelts. It comes on whenever the driver's belt is undone, or if the passenger's belt is undone and there's a passenger present. They didn't waste money on sensing whether the driver was present because that can be assumed.

• Like 1