Spitfire mkIV/1500 Hardtop rear seal Info required

Clive

And there we have it. Big bubble seal, and the roof has 6 small sheets of "mutemat" (2mm thick with foil backing) and a layer of stretch carpet over the top. Not concours, but should be nice and usable. 

Missing drivers side quarter glass catch,but a cable tie is OK until I find one  (I am sure I have seen it, but anytime in the last 7 years and no idea where)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 1969Mk3Spitfire said:

Watching this with great interest. I’m having a Mk3 hardtop refurbished at the moment and doubtless will have seal issues to resolve in due course.

MK3 is quite different. I have a mint, refurbished one hanging in the garage. Rear seal sits direct on the tub, unlike the later hard tops.

4 minutes ago, clive said:

MK3 is quite different. I have a mint, refurbished one hanging in the garage. Rear seal sits direct on the tub, unlike the later hard tops.

Thanks for posting, Clive. Mine is currently somewhere between the body shop and the upholster. I’m hoping to get it before the end of the month and doubtless will have seal queries at that time.

Thanks Clive. I must admit that I am surprised at the lack of photos of serviceable hardtops on here. As you have seen from my earlier posts collecting photos of even 'basket case' tops is difficult and those that I posted were collected over some time off fleabay in an attempt to get a grip on profiles etc for trying to restore mine. I can only think that there aren't that many good complete specimens around, or that the ones in use are permanently fixed to their chassis or stored in such a way as to be inaccessible.