Vitesse Front Springs source

My front springs on my mk2 Vitesse are sagging I think.

I've had the car 35+ years and have replaced the shocks and bushes but not the springs.

Having had her resprayed the occasional graunch when the offside wheel hits the edge of the wheel arch particular grates and it is time to do something about it.

I considered whether to uprate/downrate/mess with the springs and have decided that I love her as she is and Standard Springs are the ones for me.

Having seen horror stories of front spring pairs of different sizes and the wrong strength, I thought I better ask those who know:

Where is a good source to buy standard front springs for a Mk2 Vitesse?

Also, what should the gap be vertically (and horizontally for bonus points) between the wheel and the wheel arch?

Not bought anything standard for a while, Tom, but the TSSC Club Shop sells them: Front Suspension | The Triumph Sports Six Club (tssc.org.uk)

But the tech spec they provide is disappointing; the 'uprated' springs are merely described as "Uprated by 20%" with the note that "these will slightly raise the ride height and it is suggested that you fit these with the adjustable spring pan shock absorbers".   Not exactly a straight replacement.   Rimmers sell them too, but the uprated is "lowered 1" " .   Which illustrates that road coil springs are available in a near infinite range of length and stiffnesses.     Original Vitesse springs had an uncompressed length of 12" and stiffness of 220lbs/in (put 220lbs on one and it will compress one inch.   Easily tested with a plank to stand on and an assistant to measure! so you can check you old ones)   A 20% uprate would mean about 260lbs.   Look at any spring catalogue for 65mm/2.5" ID springs; for instance Demon Tweeks offer  six between 200 and 400lbs.   I just happen to have their catalogue.   

If you did want slightly stiffer springs, then 300-350lbs/in would be hardly noticeable in terms of ride, but you would need shorter springs, or else the car will sit much higher.     Estimate the difference by the weight distribution of a Vitesse, F/R at 55/45, so about 500kgs over the front axle, 250 each wheel.

John

PS I run 600lbs springs, I know people who use 1000lbers and still have their teeth.