Engine compatibility KE to HC

haggis

Hello again, following oil pressure problems I'm now looking at changing my engine. Currently running (or not as the case my be) a KE engine, found a good rebuilt HC engine to go straight in, does anyone know if all the parts are compatible? as I have some goodies on the KE I would like to transfer across.

Thanks

Haggis

Hi and thanks for the responses, Its a late vitesse engine no HC 57762he, I bought it as it was a good opportunity for a spare engine as I have a vitesse and GT6 (I know its greedy), I'm currently stripping it down for peace of mind as it has been machined a few years back but never run and want to check the bearing tolerances to make sure this has been done correctly. Can anyone confirm what the tolerances are for the big & small ends?

Thanks

Jason

And which KE seroes engine?

But if the manifolds look the same, heads look the same etc then all the ancillaries will swap. 

Depending on the actual KE engine there may be variations on teh head (some are thicker, so are used on the 2 litre and 2.5) flat or domed pistons (late engines with the thick head had domed pistons to correct the CR) and cam. 

All mk2 vitesse had the good cam.......and a better dizzy too.

Hi Clive, the Gt6 engine coming out is KE21720HE, the only difference I can see so far is the top of the bore of the HC doesn't have the little recess of the KE engine, but everything else looks very similar. They are both Flat top pistons, both lucas distributors, and I was planning to swap the cam for my Kent one but initially I'm tempted to leave the original in and see how it goes first. Any idea about the tolerances??

Thanks

Hag