Earthing issues.

mark powell

9 minutes ago, Wagger said:

Same reason as we have had no rain and poor Colin L has had a deluge.

You mean having my convertible on the road? :)

Raining again here today... Emerald b***** Isle my a***. Soggy wet place most of the time. That idiot Patrick should have left the snakes alone and banished the clouds.

• Haha 1

I was making 20tonne/day fresh water from sea water in the 1960`s, using the engine cooling water exiting the main propusion and generation machinery and circulating a heat exchanger situated in a vaccuum vessel. No reason why it could not be scaled up using Power Station condensate in Plants close to the sea?. If your a Cruising Fan, all your washing and general fresh water is made the same way, there are even plants to treat it for bacteria and use for Drinking and cooking. Solar still`s are often used in hot enough climates too. There is no such thing as water shortage, just needs lateral thinking.

Pete

Melbourne ave annual rainfall 650mm, slightly more in water catchments say 750mm, mainly occurs in winter period May to Sept, reckon I know being Mgr Harvesting, Transfer & Distribution for Melb Water over 15 years. Up north Brisbane 1200mm but their dry period is normally in Winter Apr to Sept!! weird ain't it, their humidity in summer is a very uncomfortable, this year La Nina a wet winter too.

Also generally it dries out very quickly, but this winter in Melbourne La Nina still whilst not heavily wet it has remained damp ie English drizzle very annoying.

Around 15 years ago I brought a local CKD used 59/60 Herald Convertible rear tub to convert to a CV (and doors not used), no rust anywhere, there was more rust in my UK 68 Vitesse saloon bulkhead where it joined the rear tub over the central outrigger after just it's first 5 years of life in the UK, before shipment to Aus, the chassis rear outriggers & side rails had to be replaced and the fronts patched other than that the original UK parts are OK.

My daughter has an Aus AMI CKD 66 Mk2 Spit with NO signs of rust repairs, tho it was restored late 90's we purchased 2001 and pics of bare unpainted body doesn't indicate rust repair patch's anywhere, I know the chap who did the bodywork straightened & aligned proir to painting he straightened the front RH bonnet and bulkhead with some new panels and replaced the chassis due to accident damage front RHS, interestingly the replacement chassis No is within 100 of it's original fitment . I have a 76 Sprint found abandoned in a field by the previous owner late 80's who restored it (a friend), only rust repair was the outer sills were replaced, no other patching needed. Oh I forgot I did find some rust at it's MOT when I got it the front subframe rear mounting bolt lower rubber steel cone supports had rusted thro in fact missing, a usual failure point rubber and steel cone easily replaced, & I keep checking them!