Fuel leak

Piglet

Went out for a drive today and almost immediately smelt fuel. Got home and I thought one of my new hoses was leaking. Not so. The fuel is chucking out of this tiny hole. I checked the float setting and it's spot on. Changed the idle screws back to where they were. Still happening. Stumped.

Alex

IMG_20220724_145928.jpg

That is the overflow. Likely the needle valve (operated by teh float) has a bit of dirt or whatever keeping it open. Carefully knock the hinge pin for the float out, then you can drop teh needle out. Check the tip, blow the seat out and it should be OK. If the needle has heavy ridges, it will be worth replacing (comes as a needle and seat, easy to do)

if you have tampered with the hoses recently  you could have bred some rubber slivers , crafty little sods float in the supply  and block the back of the float needle seating 

while the tops off prime the pump into a jar see if you catch some , as when you drop the pump pressure they flat back down the pipework till you fire up again 

even  Doug had a good case of these  

more likely if you have fake fule hose  , bits of rubber get cut off when you insert the metal pipes 

Pete

Ar! It be the dread rubber slivers me hearties. I once took off the reservoir, cleaned up the valve put it all back together, and had to do it again almost immediately. Whenever you disturb the pipework they lay in wait, but sometimes they just sneak up on you.

Doug