Mk 1 Brake Light

Neil Clark

If the spring has broken off completely then solder a wire directly to the bulb contact, that will overcome the lack of a base contact however will the bulb stay in place without the spring to put pressure on it? A quick bodge would be to tape the bulb in place with masking tape or glue it in place with silicone sealer, just a dab with the bulb held in place until it sets, making sure that the other contact on the bulb body is unaffected.

1 hour ago, Josef said:

Also, given it’s the lenses that are the super fragile bits, might be worth ringing round the breakers / posting here to see if anyone’s got a spare base kicking around?

I think I have a pair, because my lenses were both broken so I bought new units. I can't vouch for how good the old ones are but probably serviceable.

Do you want to let one go?  I would be happy to buy a stop / tail light assembly.  My lenses are fine, it's just one of the base units.

1 hour ago, NonMember said:

think I have a pair, because my lenses were both broken so I bought new units. I can't vouch for how good the old ones are but probably serviceable.