Air extraction, spraying celly

Paul H

23 hours ago, ahebron said:

I use the simplest set up ever.

I give the car to a car painter.
I will cut, grind, weld, grind, sand, smear filler but when it comes to the prep for painting and painting someone else can do that. Life is to short

I thought like-wise. However, few want to work on "old" cars, UN-bending new ones is far more lucrative, the best quote I could get, the guy could not Start, before spring 2024, and possibly later than that. So If I want it before I die, I better look into doing it myself.☹️😭

Pete

• Like 2

On 14/02/2023 at 18:05, Paul H said:

1 . should the blower intake be floor level or spray level . To me the latter makes sense .

2 my exhaust will be opposite to the intake . Is this best position ? 
Thanks 

Sorry Paul, been away for a few days and just seen this.

I would start by saying I'm no expert in these matters so can only say what I did and any problems I encountered.

1. I assume you mean where it enters the booth? Mine was at floor level but I was concerned this might blow any floor dust/debris into the air. In the end I didn't have a problem but I did get Henry hoovering up the floor regularly. A higher level might remove this risk.

2. Opposite ends is good as it ensures max air displacement. However I directed the incoming blast away from the main spraying area as I didn't want it interfering with the spraying, so it was 90 degrees to the exhaust.  You can see my inlet/outlet alignment in the initial picture I posted.

I did find the initial inflow quite fierce so extended the hose length and had it turn through 180 degrees which seemed to slow it down a little. You will just have to see how yours behaves and adjust as necessary.

Hope this is useful.

Phil

8B555BDF-C6D0-4F4A-9D72-ED0F2E6DB725.thumb.jpeg.279e9ed04c8b8f81c9e19b125f9964c9.jpeg

41 minutes ago, Phil C said:

Sorry Paul, been away for a few days and just seen this.

I would start by saying I'm no expert in these matters so can only say what I did and any problems I encountered.

1. I assume you mean where it enters the booth? Mine was at floor level but I was concerned this might blow any floor dust/debris into the air. In the end I didn't have a problem but I did get Henry hoovering up the floor regularly. A higher level might remove this risk.

2. Opposite ends is good as it ensures max air displacement. However I directed the incoming blast away from the main spraying area as I didn't want it interfering with the spraying, so it was 90 degrees to the exhaust.  You can see my inlet/outlet alignment in the initial picture I posted.

I did find the initial inflow quite fierce so extended the hose length and had it turn through 180 degrees which seemed to slow it down a little. You will just have to see how yours behaves and adjust as necessary.

Hope this is useful.

Phil

8B555BDF-C6D0-4F4A-9D72-ED0F2E6DB725.thumb.jpeg.279e9ed04c8b8f81c9e19b125f9964c9.jpeg

Thanks Phil . Your info makes sense . Just testing the new air blower and the pressure is quite fierce . After a spraying session did you leave the blower on for a while ?

Appreciate your input

Paul 

• 3 weeks later...