No compression on No1

Acole

To be honest I think youre asking to get a nasty surprise if you dont keep a tighter control on a repair than appears to have been the case there. Was there no quote beforehand and then a regular update on the mounting costs? I would tell the garage I wont be paying anything extra that I havent authorised previously but I know some people, who sometimes worry about saving pennies in the supermarket, are then incredibly slack when it comes to large expeditures🤪

Yes and get a quote first!!!! I know the job can turn out more problematic than expected but the garage have only got to call and let you know so you can authorise the extra cost or even go to see whats going on. As I say some people will spend longer mulling over which make of crisps to get than arranging an engine repair.... 

Again, thanks all for your advice and guidance. I am a real amateur when it comes to this so really do appreciate it. 
I have my GT6 booked in with Chic Doig in a few months but in the mean time will certainly get a compression test kit and check that and the coil myself. We all have to start somewhere! 
Chic himself said from my description, it’s not an issue that would normally require a full rebuild. 
Fingers crossed it turns out to be a simple issue so I can get it back on the road and enjoy it. 
Thanks again.