Expensive Mk2 Vitesse, in Aus

Peter Truman

An old work mate sent me a local Ad for a nice Mk2 Vitesse, VERY expensive being sold by a classic car sale yard, but at what I think an unreasonable $36.5k ? 

Comes complete with all weather equipment, sounds like a deceased estate?

Several years ago it was mooted there were under 30 true Vitesse's in Australia as they were ALL personnel imports,

As my mate says it's only worth that much if some idiot is prepared to pay it!

Aus Vitesse $36.5k.jpg

Vit Interior.jpg

10 hours ago, Peter Truman said:

An old work mate sent me a local Ad for a nice Mk2 Vitesse, VERY expensive being sold by a classic car sale yard, but at what I think an unreasonable $36.5k ? 

Comes complete with all weather equipment, sounds like a deceased estate?

Several years ago it was mooted there were under 30 true Vitesse's in Australia as they were ALL personnel imports,

As my mate says it's only worth that much if some idiot is prepared to pay it!

Aus Vitesse $36.5k.jpg

Vit Interior.jpg

How much is that in Sterling ?

Paul 

3 hours ago, Paul H said:

How much is that in Sterling ?

Paul 

At current exchange rates around £20,420.00

A tad expensive for a Vitesse, but as stated numerous times before, try restoring one to that standard for the same money?

Quite a few nice ones appearing on the car and classic site too, I must get one again, I need to sell my current Classic first though🤔

Gary 

My understanding is there were NO Vitesse's assembled by AMI or Leyland Aus, I've seen and inspected for a fellow Aus club member a supposed Vitesse but it was a Herald with a 2lt Saloon engine, with an Aus AMI 12/50 twin headlight bonnet, brakes were type 14 at front and smaller drums at rear, a real bastard!

There is supposed an AMI GT4 ie Aus assembled GT6 with a Spitfire 1300 engine & running gear. The only GT6 assembled in Aus.

Re Aus assembled Spitfires and the prefix 2 it was very hit and miss looking ant the Vic Roads registration records of which I have access to the complete records until 85 when computerised registrations started.

Australian AMI - GT4.jpg

On 19/10/2022 at 11:22, Gary Flinn said:

At current exchange rates around £20,420.00

A tad expensive for a Vitesse, but as stated numerous times before, try restoring one to that standard for the same money?

Quite a few nice ones appearing on the car and classic site too, I must get one again, I need to sell my current Classic first though🤔

Gary 

I guess though you’d also have to factor in how much it’d cost to get one to Australia from elsewhere. But from what I remember of the numbers I looked at when I was living in Perth, I’m still not sure that makes up the difference. 

• Like 1